Sunday, August 1, 2010

Oh Happy Day...

I know I've been out of the blogging world for far too long, but here is my attempt to jump back in with both feet.

I've actually been doing a lot of jumping lately, the most notable jump being my jump into matrimony with "The New Chapter" on the 24th of July. It was a happy day for sure, and was complete with a morning champagne hike with my best girl friends, amazing wildflower blooms, a lovely ceremony, and a fantastic evening of "music, and dancing, and feasting" (quote from our ceremony's benediction) with our closest family and friends.

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day, a more perfect husband, a more fantastic family, or amazing friends. Most of it is a pleasant blur of happy events that came as quickly as they went; it was truly perfect. I still can't quite believe it happened. It felt more like a dream than reality...

Needless to say one of my wishes from my wishing basket came true this past Saturday. And don't you dare worry; I was quick to thank God for granting me my wish! :)


(looking down the path with the bouquet)

(a moment with my dad and nieces before my entrance)

(Our first steps together as Mr. & Mrs. N)

(dancing under a heart shaped moon)

5 comments:

Mrs. N said...

P.S. Thanks to all of our friends who shared these pictures with me! :)

alissa said...

Yeah! it was lovely :)

Sherrie said...

Congratulations! Everything sounds like it was absolutely perfect. I'm really happy for you. :-) And just think, I remember when you two first met (sort of), LOL.

Welcome back!!!

Don said...

Woo hoo! Many congrats!

Will your blog become Mrs. N?

I am so happy for you.

Mrs. N said...

@ Alissa- Indeed it was. It wouldn't have been as lovely without you. I'm so glad you could be a part of it all. :)

@ Saphron- Thanks! And yes, you and Don were right there all along the way. How cool is that? :) Yay for blogging and for great fellow blogger friends!

@ Don- Thanks! I'm still in the process of the whole name change thing. It's kind of surprising how attached I have become to my last name and how much of my identity it was. At the same rate, I think I'm ready to try things out as a Mrs. N... So the answer to your question is a definite yes! :)