Saturday, January 31, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
I'm learning that there are all different levels and types of happiness. For example, there's hyper happy, mellow happy, content happy, deliciously tired happy, i-just-met-a-goal happy, musical happy.... the list goes on and on and on.
I don't want to jinx this in anyway, but I'm the best kind of happy right now. I'm content/peacefully happy. There are lots of factors involved: my family is doing well despite all odds, teaching is going well, I was able to grieve and get over all the stuff that happened at home this summer, that new chapter I mentioned is amazing. Again, the list goes on and on, but basically, I'm just in a really good place right now. I'm content, I'm busy, I feel loved, I'm having fun, I know I'm in the right place. I feel easily inspired. I'm happy.
And on that note of reflection and gratitude, I'm headed out for my evening walk under the big, Montana Sky, quietly hoping for a little stress release from school (good stress) and a Montana Moment. It's really cold out there, so If I don't come back... send out the troupes! (Don't worry. I won't actually be that far from my house; I'll be fine.)
Happy Monday! :)
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Hope is the branch you grab while falling down a cliff.
Hope is seeing the brighter side of a dark situation. [It's] like turning
the light bulb of hope on to bring light to a dark and bitter soul. It can
also burn out if relied upon too much or if hopes are too high and you're not
ready to accept the consequences of that hope not coming true.
Is hope a thing with feathers?
Can it really keep me warm?
She says it never asked a crumb of her,
But for me it takes a different form.
Hope stands haughty on a mountain top
Its golden coat shining in the sun
Majestic and inspiring
It lures me to push on.
When I finally reach it, though,
And stretch out my weary hand,
Its claws pop out and fangs appear
My heart, it demands.
Then it slowly eats away
At the things that I hold dear
Until there’s nothing left of it—
Not even my own tears.
Now I can’t help but ask myself,
Was Miss Emily right?
So much good can come from hope—
So much warmth and light.
But it only takes a moment
For Hope to change its fickle mind.
That’s when the beauty I once found in it,
No longer can I find.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
- Climbing mountain peaks on blue-bird days.
- Musical moments (when everything-- in musical sense-- lines up perfectly).
- Runner's High/Post-workout High
- Amazing food and/or beverages--(wine, coffee, or tea)
- Montana moments (when everything is breathtakingly beautiful and is in its perfect place-- usually but not exclusively in nature)
- Teaching moments (when a kid really gets something I've been able to share)
- Conversations that make me lose all sense of time
- Perfect ski runs
- Reading, listening, and viewing inspiring stories, thoughts, words, or images.
- Learning new and relevant things.
- It's a secret
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
- Take better care of myself physically, emotionally, and spiritually. In other words, I want to strive to be more balanced.
- Have the courage to be myself all of the time, despite relationships, circumstance, or work.
- Play outside more. I really want to get better at snow shoeing, cross country skiing, and fly fishing. I want to hike and camp more and would be game to pick up a few new outdoor hobbies!
- Be more financially responsible and savvy. Granted, I don't blow away a ton of money, but I'm really tired of having to scramble all of the time. I'm hoping I can do better in this department this year!
- Be more active in my community. I've lived in this town for 1.5 years now, and I'm still not involved with a whole lot beyond school. I want to do more and give more to my community; I just need to find the right venue and the right cause.
So this is my resolution in a nutshell... what's yours?