Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Pink Pearl Snap Kinda Night!


I have this fantastic pink gingham pearl snap shirt that I bought at Wall Drug on my way home one summer. I know it may sound weird, but this is a really special shirt. Upon first glance, it's just a shirt, but when I look closer I can't help but grin as I think of the solo road trip I was on when I found it, the old cowboy boots and paisley friendship flask my best friend gave me that coordinate so perfectly, and all of the crazy Montana adventures I've had in it. It's just one of those shirts.

Last night I decided that it was going to be a pink pearl snap kind of night. I've been short on pink pearl snap nights lately and was looking to remedy that. So I pulled on the boots, snapped myself into the shirt, and headed out on the town with friends. It was fantastic! I saw a lot of friends I hadn't seen in a long time, made new friends, and even twirled around the dance floor a few times. Man, did it feel good to get out there again!

Despite my throbbing head this morning and that weird hazy feeling that often follows a pink pearl snap night, I can't help but wonder why I've been denying myself these kind of adventures lately. Life is too short to just think about work all the time, the tragic stuff that has been happening back home, or to isolate my time with only one or two of my friends. It feels way too good to forget about all of that stuff, throw on the pearl snap, and cut loose. So from here on on out I'm going to make a conscious effort to have more pink pearl snap adventures-- even if they make my head hurt the next day. After all, I wouldn't really be me with out a good pink pearl snap story to tell! :)

3 comments:

Don said...

I have shirts I wear to work that just set a tone I like.

Clothes are like friends, they've been places with you. I have an old back pack that's been across the US and to the bottom of the Grand Canyon. Just seeing it lifts my mood.

Sounds like you had a bit of a golden moment: savor, then repeat. ;-)

alissa said...

yeah for pearl snaps:)

Sherrie said...

Hmmmm, I'll have to check out these shirts!

Sounds like we both made it out for a little Saturday night fun...it's good every now and then, right?